How do I install a pocket door?

RymeaOlivaDfm
+2

I have a small bathroom off to the side of my pantry and when the door is open, it covers the glass door to the pantry and blocks the light. I would like to put in a sliding pocket door so that when it's open, it tucks away inside the wall

• Emily

a pocket door goes INTO the wall, so you would have to reconstruct your wall(s)

• Dfm

pocket doors hang on a rolling bar, and tend to be a pia to hang on the hanger,

• Oliva

Pocket doors, when meticulously constructed by skilled craftsmen, are fabulous. They can also be fabulously expensive and are not advised for homes with children or careless visitors who thoughtlessly slam them open/shut, which can cause them to need readjusting. Due to their weight, this is usually not a 1 person correction.

• Rymea

You have to take off the wallboard and cut out the wall studs to install one and it isn't easy.