Asked on Nov 4, 2019

How do I choose metal accent colors for kitchen hardware?

CindyDianeDeb K
+2

I am remodeling my kitchen. I am using antique nickel light fixtures and cabinet hardware. However my brand new faucet is chrome. The light over the sink is a pendant light in antique nickel. I want to put up a simple curtain rod above the kitchen sink … so it will be "between" 2 different color metals … should I choose the chrome or the antique metal? The curtains are really only for decorative purposes and will probably never be closed so a good portion of the rod will be visible at all times. Thank you.

• Nan W.

Oh! I would go with the antique metal -- for extra character

• Janice

I'd choose the antique metal as well.

• Deb K

Hello, I would pick the nickel myself as it is a favorite of mine, I have brushed nickel in my house.

• Diane

Also I would go with the antique metal. That is really the dominant and decorative metal in the space. The faucets are not really considered decorative unless you go with something in that metal as well, or go with an very different design faucet that draws attention to it. They are all still in the “ silver” family of metals. I’m personally not fond of the new trend of mixing a lot of different metals in the kitchen. I think it looks hodgepodge.

• Cindy

My vote is for antique nickle. It will bring that same look around your kitchen. It will make your space and color choices look custom.