Asked on Nov 8, 2019

How do I make the surface on my Quikrete garden path smooth?

BetsyZard PocleebChaz
+2

I am using a store bought mold and QuickCreate to make a garden path. How do I make the top surface smooth? Mine comes out with the gravel on the surface and all bumpy.

• Tinyshoes

Georgia....Is the bottom better?

• Janet Parsons

The bumpy surface may help to prevent it from becoming slick in in element weather. If you really want a smooth surface, can you just flip it over? The gravel is heavy so it sinks to the bottom.

• Chaz

This will help, after you place the concrete strike it level with top of form and use a finishing trowel

To finish the concrete, use a steel finishing trowel to achieve a smooth texture. The tool brings water to the surface of the concrete. sprinkle a little water as needed, but at the same time, work the tool to create a smooth finish.

• Zard Pocleeb

Use Portland cement...it doesn’t have any aggregate in it. Make sure you buy ready-to-pour cement so you don’t need to buy sand and mix it in.

Hi Georgia: This site has a lot of information that doesn't address your issue, but some that does. Upon reading it, you will understand what you need to do, it's pretty easy:) https://www.familyhandyman.com/masonry/pouring-concrete/how-to-finish-concrete/ Good luck