Asked on Nov 14, 2019

How can I fix a marble top to be shiny again?

Adrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little GnomeDeeGk
+1

I have a bathroom vanity with a 'marble' top; I put that in quotes because it's from one of the big box stores so it's quality may be questionable. Any way, I always cut my fabric softener in half with water and apparently, didn't notice the time it happened, but the fabric softener partially ate into the marble. That's why I mention its questionable quality. It's a small 1/2 circle from the bottom of the fabric softener bottle but very visible. Any ideas on how it can be made to 'shine' again. TIA

• Pamela

Hi ! I bought a stone polish and protector . It is a spray , I bought it at Lowe's or home depot . Good luck !

• Gk

You could try some car wax. It won't last forever so you would have to reapply when it's time.

• Dee

Your vanity is probably cultured marble, which of course is not real marble. I used car compound and that helped. But I have also used Granite Gold spray cleaner. If you have etched the top, there is nothing you can do to bring back the shine

• If it's real marble or stone you can try resealing if with stone sealer. You can get it at home depot.