Sheri Kropp
Sheri Kropp
  • Theresa, WI
Asked on Nov 15, 2019

How do I fix a plaster wall that a cat has stained with urine?

Unique Creations By AnitaBetsyMis14036846
+3

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Sheri, a good primer and then repaint would be your best bet to totally eliminate it. I like Kilz for primer, you can use it under either latex or oil based paint.

• Pennie

cut the spot out and replace it

• Mis14036846

Fix 🐱 cat!!!!!!!

Hi Sheri: First of all, you want to eliminate the odor. I have used a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now. You can get it online. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. Also, Odormute will clean the spot. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that. Spray the area so that it is moist, let it dry (you can put a fan on it) and spray again and dry. The area should be o.k., but if you have to paint over the area, I'd prime and paint. Also, have a really good talk with the cat and tell him that that is not a good thing to do at all! Good luck with whatever you use.

• Unique Creations By Anita

You can fill in the marks with poly filler then sand it smooth again and paint.