DIY Sunburst Mirrors

$10

I have seen these cute DIY Sunburst Mirrors on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook and have been wanting to make one for a long time. Well, I finally did it. And guess what? It was very easy, and very cheap to make! Here are the materials used and instructions on how I made it.

Materials Used

I bought 2 packages of paint sticks from Home Depot. I had driftwood left over from a previous project. I bought a small round mirror from Dollar Tree, and used my glue gun and sticks I already had on hand.

Step 1...

First, I flipped the mirror over and started gluing the paint sticks all around it. Like this...

This is how it looked. Pretty cool!!! But, can you see how some of the glue is showing through a little bit in some spots? Oops. Be careful! I used a razor blade to cut off as much glue as I could. Then I went on to step 2.

Step 2...

Start gluing driftwood pieces on the top. You could skip this step and just use the paint sticks. I had these pieces of driftwood at home already, left over from another project, so I thought I would use them up. Another idea you could do is paint the sticks, or stain them. I chose to keep them natural.

Once I finished gluing on the driftwood, I flipped it back over and started adding more paint sticks to fill in the gaps. I kept flipping it over, checking how it looked, and filling in with more sticks until I was satisfied with how it looked..

Step 3...

Lastly, I glued a piece of rope around the mirrors edge on the front to cover any glue.

I also glued a piece of that same rope to the back so it can be hung up.

Here is the final product! Pretty simple, easy and inexpensive.

Here is how it looks hung up! I am diggin' it! Hope you like it too!

The House house