Asked on Mar 23, 2020

How to clean your plastic shower curtain

BetsyReydeen BrooksLindsay Aratari
+18

• Gk

Hello Reydeen! I wash my plastic shower curtain in the wash machine with a load of towels. I dry it for about 5 to 10 minutes to get the water off and the wrinkles out and then hang it. You can just hang it after it's washed without drying it.

• Nan W.

Raydeen: I just pitch mine in the washer too!

• Mogie

I do the same I just hang mine to dry. As soon as the washer is done I hang it back up on the rod. Any wrinkles disappear. And always in cold water too. But I have a friend who always puts hers in a medium sized washable bag so it is more gentle on it.

• Janice

I inclue it with a batch of bath towels once in a while, then hang right back up on the shower hooks. The towels seem to help to get the hard water spots off the curtain.

• Ken Erickson

I have let is soak in bathtub with mild detergent, then rinsed and re-hung.

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Yep I just throw mine in the washing machine as well and then hang it back up in the shower to dry!

• Redcatcec

I wash ours on gentle cycle with a load of towels and warm water, hang to dry.

• Vimarhonor

Washing machine works great for both the nylon polyester and plastic shower curtains.

• Cheryl A

I put mine in the washer with a small amt of detergent and bleach if it is white or clear wash on warm water and then hang up to dry

• Kathy Gunter Law

I spray mine with "wet & forget shower". Before I discovered that, I washed in the machine on gentle then hung to dry,.

• You can put it in the washing machine

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

I do the same as Redcatcec

I wash ours on gentle cycle with a few towels in warm water, hang to dry.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

I would wash it on warm on a low spin cycle in the washing machine.

• Kmdreamer

Throw it in the washing machine

• Maura White

I've just washed mine on cold and gentle cycle in my washer and let it dry outside!

• Libbie B

I wash mine in the bathtub with a little bleach.

• RoseRedd

Washable in your washing machine mixture of your regular detergent a laundry booster ( like borax ) or dawn dish soap (blue one)and baking soda mix 1/4 cup of each . This refreshes and deodorizes yippee all in one shot you can hang it wet to dry dear .

• Lindsay Aratari

Wash it down in the bathtub with laundry soap

• Reydeen Brooks

Thank you very much. I ended up washing it with the baking soda and laundry detergent and a little Clorox and then I added a 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse water. It's still didn't get everything off after the second try. I just ended up buying a new one. The old one was only about 6 months old.

Hy Reydeen: I put mine in the washing machine with my towels, but don't put it in the dryer, just shake out and hang back up. If you have mildew stains, spray and scrub them before washing. Good luck