Pillow problem

JanetSandyCynthia H
+12

How do I stop my pillow from floating to the top in my top loader?

• The agitator should help keep them submerged during washing, but you may want to flip them half way through the cycle.

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

If you have a top-loading washer, stop it occasionally to press air from the pillowsduring the wash cycle.

• Kmdreamer

Hold the pillow under water till it’s all wet then it will stay down

• Unique Creations By Anita

Squeezing the pillow under the water will fill the fibers with water and it should stay down.

• Gk

You might try putting the pillows in the bottom of the washer, let the washer fill with water, hold the pillows under the water until they are saturated, and then put several big towels on top letting them saturate with water as well. Wash the load on a gentle cycle so it doesn't move around as much. You may have to keep opening the lid to push things down under the water as the machine moves through the cycles.

• Cindy

Hi Janet. Make sure your pillow is completely saturated. Put a few heavy items on top of it. That should keep your pillow submersed during the wash cycle. Good luck Janet.

• Mogie

Just fill a large tub or a laundry sink with hot water and do the soaking piece in there. Once the pillows soak they will be heavy enough to not float to the top.

• Redcatcec

Your pillow are floating because they contain air, once you saturate them with water, they should stay down in the washer, Add towels on top of them to make sure they have something heavier to keep them down.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Janet,

Soak the pillow in water until it is heavy before placing in the machine. Hope that helps.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Once the washer starts filling with water, the pillows will start to soak up the water and will no longer float.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

When I had a top loader, I washed them, turned it off and let them soak for a while, flipped the pillow and let it soak some more, turn the washer back on and let it finish washing

• Janice

Hold the pillow down as the water enters the washer so the pillow absorbs the water. Once the pillow has absorbed the water it will not floast.

• Cynthia H

With a top loader, I would make sure the pillow is thoroughly soaked and at the bottom of the tub. Then I would put some towels on top. You may have to reposition them during the cycle. A front loader is much easier to use, for example, at a laundromat. Good luck and stay safe!

• Sandy

Put SOMETHING ELSE IN THE WASHER, MAYBE TOWELS TO HOLD IT DOWN, i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM EVEN WHEN i SQUISH IT TO FILL IT WITH WATER...GOOD LUCK....7-10-20

• Janet

Thank you