Asked on Sep 21, 2020

Calcium ring around toilet bowl?

Johnavallance82BetsyAdrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little Gnome
+7

I have tried WD 40, Vinegar with baking soda, bleach neither of these methods worked, even tried a pumice stone any other suggestions?

• Cindy

Hi Sandy. I recommend using straight vinegar. Use rags, an old towel, or anything else you have on hand. Saturate the rags with vinegar and put them on top of the calcium ring. Leave it set overnight. Next day remove the rags and wipe everything up. Scrub the ring and rinse with clean water. Sandy, you probably will have to repeat this process. It depends on how much calcium deposits you're working worth. Just keep repeating and eventually you will remove the calcium. Good luck. I wish you well.

• Kathy Gunter Law

You need a descaler. I've been very happy with this set I purchased from QVC. I like the swab and if you watch the video, they tell you the proper way to clean the toilet (who knew?). I have that same issue, with the ring in my toilet. I think mine is lime but this is the only product that enabled me to clean it and keep it from coming back in 2 days.

https://www.qvc.com/Don-Asletts-Super-size-7-pc-Deluxe-64-oz-Toilet-Cleaning-Kit.product.V31132.html?sc=SRCH

• Recreated Designs

Hi Sandy, I love CLR to get calcium and any mineral deposits off. We use it at the cottage where we have hard water all the time and it takes it right off.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Sandy, sorry you are having problems removing the calcium ring in your toilet bowl. This question was asked before and here are the answers from the hometalkers. Good luck

How to remove calcium buildup in porcelain toilet? | Hometalk

www.hometalk.com › q-how-to-remove-calcium-build...

Mar 17, 2014 - I've tried every product I can find that claims to get rid of calcium and lime ... If the issue is toilet ring stain, you need to get an old rag and lay it ...

• Vimarhonor

Hello. The pumice stick has always worked for me.

Be sure to follow the use instructions, soaking the pumice stone in water for a few minutes. While the stone is soaking, grab your toilet brush and splash water up around the ring. Note: It’s very important to keep both the stone and the surface wet while cleaning to avoid scratching your porcelain.Hello. The Palmer steak has always worked for me.

That one prior residence residence the calcium buildup was so bad I had to empty the toilet water and chisel out the calcium buildup but since then all my calcium water rings and taken care of with the pumice stick.

• Sharon

I pour in half bottle of CLR and let sit overnight, then use a toliet brush to remove.

• Try pouring a can of Coke in and leaving it overnight

Hi Sandy: Try this: Let all of the water out of the bowl and keep it out. You can tie the rod or ball cock in the tank up so that the tank doesn't fill. Then, well actually first, get a product from the dollar store called Totally Awesome Rust, Calcium and Lime Remover. Spray some paper towels with this and apply to the area you need cleaned. Use rubber gloves to do this. Let it sit about an hour, (not overnight because someone will come in to use the toidy at night and flush the paper towels down. Not good!) keeping the paper towels wet. Lift one of the towels to see if the area is clean. If not, reapply the spray. Wipe the area with the paper towels and you should be o.k. Then remove the paper towels and throw them away. DON'T FLUSH THEM! That will create a new problem for you that you certainly don't want! Let the tank fill and flush. Don't use anything caustic that will scratch the porcelain, like a Brillo Pad or some powder cleaners, because dirt, rust, etc., will get into those little scratches and cause a mess. You can use Bon Ami or Barkeepers Friend if you need to scour the areas. Also, get a mirror and check under the rim, where the water goes into the bowl and be sure those holes are clean and not clogged. You can use vinegar, The Works or Lime Away, both available at the dollar store. Spray the area liberally and let sit for about a 1/2 hour and then check to see if the clog is gone. You can poke a toothpick in the holes or a small nail if the hole is clogged badly. Just wiggle it around a bit. Once the toilet is clean, you can let the rod or ball cock down and flush the toilet. Don't be alarmed if you get a burp from the toilet, that's just air and not a problem. The toilet and tank should both fill up. Remember to clean the outside of the toilet bowl, front and back, and wipe down the tank. For these areas, get a foaming bathroom spray from the dollar store and spray. Wipe down with a moist cloth or paper towel. You should be good to go:)

• Johnavallance82

Hello,

Toilet Cleaner - Cillit Bang or Mr Muscle or you could try pouring Coca Cola in the loo overnight. Good luck!