Asked on Apr 11, 2021

Accent Pillow indecision?

EllaMelissa O'Dee
+8

As you can see I have three sets of pillows under consideration for these chairs in our small foyer.

You need to click the photo to see the area rug.

Opinions please

• B.L.Kemp
    B.L.Kemp

Bottom left - pulls red from chairs

• I like the pillow on the bottom left.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

The bottom left brings together the dark red in the chairs and the deeper red color in the accent rug, I would go with that one.

The top left and bottom right bring out more of the actual floor. So if you took out the rug, I would go with the top left and bottom right.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

The bottom photo is my favorite configuration. Make sure to protect them with something like Scotchguard (I use Kiwi's Camp Dri).

• Em
    Em

The one with the red in it at the bottom left is the only one that looks right with the bright red chairs.

• Janice
    Janice

I'm the odd "woman" out. If it were my home, I'd pick the more subdued pillow shown at the upper right in the pic. I think the stripes/brightness of the other pillows fight with the design work in the chairs and the rug. Sometimes "less is more".

• Robyn Garner
    Robyn Garner

I'm another odd woman out. I agree with Janice that 'less is more' and the darker pillows work best.  To me, the striped pillows look like you're trying to go in a different direction than the carpet.

• J Brown
    J Brown

Equal opportunity to the two contenders.

The chairs are actually a deep raspberry and not as shiny as the photos show.

• Dee
    Dee

I like the lighter colors of the picture on the left above in J Brown's answer. I think the darker colors make the area look dusty and dirty.

• Melissa O'
    Melissa O'

I agree with Robyn. I like the the dark strip fabric but it needs to have more of the rug colors in it, especially with those light cushions.

I 'd keep looking

• Ella
    Ella

If you like both designs, use one design one month, switch it out for the second design in the 2nd month, enjoy !