Debbie Borthwick
Debbie Borthwick
  • Canada

Why can't I add pictures?

Debbie BorthwickMiriam ILulu Dubin
+10

When I try to post, the browse button for adding photos won't work. And if I try to post, it tells me 'more information is required'. What is wrong with my hometalk?
  • Miriam I

Hi Debbie, I'm so sorry you're having difficulty. I've notified the support team, and someone will be in touch with you soon.

• Debbie Borthwick

Thanks Miriam :)

• KMS Woodworks

@ I was having the same problem the other day with Chrome as my browser....after clearing my history and Cache the problem cleared up.

• Debbie Borthwick

I've cleared my cache a few times, as well as used CCleaner and I am still having the issue. I've replied to supports email with all the information they asked for. Thanks!

• KMS Woodworks

Have you tried another browser?

• Christy @ Our Southern Home

I was having the same problem. I started resizing my photos in windows photo manager to large for web which makes them download quicker for my blog. Since doing that I've had no trouble. Let me know if you need help doing that. It doesn't change the look of the photo for web use.

• Debbie Borthwick

Christy, I have Paint Shop Pro and always resize my photos to add to my blog, so I don't think that's the problem. The 'browse' button won't even open for me. KMS, I think I'll try that and see if I can get it to work, but that will be a pain to have to use another browser for Hometalk...

• Debbie Borthwick

Ok, I tried IE and it still won't let me add pictures or post. Will have to wait to hear back from support. Thanks for all the advice!

• Christy @ Our Southern Home

Sorry, Debbie. I know it must be frustrating! Good luck with it! :)

• KMS Woodworks

I'll tag @Miriam I again...I had trouble again this morning trying to load a pic...even though I had just cleared my cache and cookies a few days ago. I had to clear again and restart my browser to get it to work...something funky is going on with Chrome. I did not have these problems when I was running Firefox...but it had other problems elsewhere.

• Lulu Dubin

Sorry you're still having trouble, Debbie. We're working on figuring out a solution. Hang in there.

• Miriam I

Thank. KMS. Got it and working on it.

• Debbie Borthwick

Thanks everyone for all your help. I finally am able to load pictures, not sure what happened. I had a couple viruses last week, my computer was hacked and crashing. I have better protection now and I wonder if that was my problem? I'm working on cleaning up the computer and will be taking the tower in for service and a good cleaning very soon. Thanks again!!!