Industrial Copper Pipe Clock

11 other bloggers and I started a DIY Home Depot Gift challenge each month, where we all take the same item from Home Depot and create a gift for someone. This month our item was a copper "t," and the gift was for our spouse/significant other. So, I got to thinking what I could make my husband! I came up with a copper pipe clock for his office. It wasn't too hard, either!
industrial copper pipe clock, crafts, diy, how to, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
First, I stained my 8x8 wooden panel with a dark walnut stain. When it dried, I applied a thin layer of Polycrylic sealer and then gave it a light sanding.
For the pipe, we used 1/2 inch diameter and we cut 8 pieces at 3 1/4 inch, and 4 smaller ones at 1 1/4 to be the clock "notches." We also used 4 "t"s," 4 90 degree elbows, and 4 caps.
I used a little glue to glue the pipes all together.
Then, we found the center of our wood panel and drilled a hole. We put the clock mechanism in according to the instructions. I also painted the clock hands and washers white so they'd show up better on the dark wood.
We glued on the piping part to the wood and let dry overnight. Finished! An easy, industrial looking clock that will be so perfect in my husband's office!
If you want to see more detailed instructions on making your on clock, visit my blog! Don't forget while you're there to check out the other amazing copper pipe projects, too!

Amanda @ Dwelling In Happiness