Wahoo Decks
Wahoo Decks
  • Gainesville, GA
Asked on Jan 9, 2013

What do you think is the MOST important thing to remember when installing a deck?

Wahoo DecksFlowerscapes Garden Design & LandscapingBJL Aquascapes
+8

All are important, but..maybe you think the style, the price, the longevity of the deck, or maybe the safety is most important!
q what do you think is the most important thing to remember when installing a deck, decks
  • Safety first then add Low voltage LED post and step lights! They will add beauty and additional safety to your deck project.

• 3po3

Having been on some sketchy decks, I'd have to go with safety first.

• Jeanette S

I agree with Steve--safety. Make sure the deck is properly secured to the house and that the banding board is large enough. Then watch as it goes up to make sure you know deck construction. You may not be able to build one, but there is no reason for anyone not to know proper deck construction before allowing one to be built onto your home. There is too much info available in books and videos not to be informed!

• KMS Woodworks

Safety, longevity...good looks.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

definitely safety is primary

• Southern Trillium LLC

I would say safety. It doesn't matter how nice it looks, or what materials are used, but if it is improperly built it puts people's lives at risk.

• Dee W

safety, then environmentally friendly

• Wahoo Decks

Thanks @Littlefield Landscaping, LLC @ @Jeanette S @KMS Woodworks @360 Sod (Donna Dixson) @Southern Trillium LLC @Dee W for answering. I agree, safety is of utmost importance!

• BJL Aquascapes

Safety is key, pushing the limits on design and still keeping it safe is an art form in itself !

• Safety, then looks and long lasting.

• Wahoo Decks

I agree! @BJL Aquascapes Well said. @Flowerscapes Garden Design & Landscaping Thanks for your input everyone. We're always looking for feedback.