How to Make Non-Toxic Dishwasher Detergent Tablets

Commercial dishwasher detergent tabs like Cascade contains harsh chemicals. My family is chemical sensitive and I didn't want to use any detergents that might leave a residue on the dishes that touch food. I use non-toxic dishwasher detergent already but my family kep bugging me about the proportions to use. So I created this formula so ANYONE can load the dishes now. Easy peasy! And SO cheap too!!
You can use any mold to make the tabs. Muffin pans, silicone molds, ice cube trays, and ramekins. Whatever mold you have will work. Just make sure you are scooping out at least 2 tbsp of the mixture into each compartment.
When they are dry, just pop them out and store them in a air tight container.
It's important to use a container that a child can't get into like this fido jar. So many children get injured each year because of accidents involving detergent tabs.
Clean glasses!
Clean bowls!

Karen Lee

• Kathy.rose.harris

Are there any other low-sudsing detergents that you can recommend, particularly ones that you can buy in the big box or grocery stores? Thanks!
    • Kathy.rose.harris

I know we have Seventh Generation in my area. I'll look for the other brand you mentioned as well. Thanks, Karen! Appreciate the info!
  • JoAnn

Where are the ingredients to make it ?

• Karen Lee

Click the "GO" icon at the end of the post (next to my profile picture) and it'll take you to the post with instructions.

• Maureen Garrity

No recipe????

• Karen Lee

• Denice Lucente

The recipe is on her blog. Click on GO next to "Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!"