Beachy Mason Jar Solar Lights

$10

With a large collection of beach glass, shells, mason jars and a love of outdoor entertaining, I can't believe I didn't make these sooner. Now that I have, the night comes alive (and I feel like I'm on vacation)!
I was inspired by all if these collected items to use them for decoration in my garden.
I layered some sand in the bottom of a mason jar, then added beach glass.
Then a mason jar lid! You can make these at home with just 3 materials you can buy anywhere. You may even have them now.
See how I make my mason jar lids in the blog post I wrote here: http://gardentherapy.ca/mason-jar-solar-lights/

At night, it really glows from the reflection of the LED light on the beach glass. I was impressed how much light it produces. See how it looks at night here: http://gardentherapy.ca/beach-glass-solar-lights/

• Mason jar
  • Beach glass

3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Stephanie @ Garden Therapy

• Vickie Meinen
    Vickie Meinen

So where did you get the solar mason jar lid? It seems too perfectly cut not to be purchased.

• David D. Hartstein
      David D. Hartstein

I make my own. I remove the metal lid and attach it to scrap wood with two screws. I use an awl to center punch the lid and then use a metal hole saw to drill the circle for the solar light. I use a Dremel to custom fit the final hole and then hot glue the light in place.

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

What about the blue sand? Did you color it?

• MK McDonald
    MK McDonald

Stephanie, you have just upped the 'creativity' game of DIY solar lights! Making a bright beach scene in the jar was genius!

• Robin
    Robin

Love this idea, can't wait to make them for my garden