Courtney
Courtney
  • Bartlett, IL
Asked on Aug 24, 2015

Locker shelf- what could I do?

SandraLup1352613Valerie
+8

It is a red plastic covered wire locker shelf - the legs come off- not sure what to do with it? Its 12 inches tall and 12 inches wide.
q locker shelf what could i do, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, shelving ideas
  • Moxie
    Aug 24, 2015

My first thought was to put in my garden to hold up plants (let them grow through) but then I though you could hand it upside down and hang stuff from it (drying herbs comes to mind) but you could use it in a closet to hand ties or scarfs

• Nancy T
    Aug 25, 2015

Yes, that was my other too! Hang it upside down to hang laundry off. Or put it or two side by side inside of a 2 drawer file cabinet (turned on it's side) to corral (stand up & organize) garden & yard tools in

• Joanne Costello
    Aug 25, 2015

Hang it on the wall and use it like the chicken coop wire bulletin boards

• Lisa
    Aug 25, 2015

If the legs were shorter, or bent, you could use it as a cookie rack for cooling cookies or baked goods,

• Kathryn Peltier
    Aug 25, 2015

Take the legs off, hang it on the wall, and use clothes pins to make it a note/photo/whatever holder.

• Polly Zieper
    Aug 25, 2015

My kids used those in high school and when they were done, if no one else wanted them I kept one for under our bathroom sinkand any others were sent to college with the kid, for the closet floor or top of desk or bureau. They can be painted brown or black if the color bothers their mature tastes,

• Denny Bruno
    Aug 25, 2015

Attach it to a vertical frame and hang small garden tools from it with S hooks. I did for my Potting bench. All my small hand tools hang from these grids.

• Valerie
    Aug 25, 2015

How very timely this post is...I happen to have 2 of these hanging around. Great ideas folks. I'm thinking I will spray paint them and hang "S" hooks from them. :D

• Valerie
      Aug 26, 2015

@Valerie Found another one! We took the legs off, because we can...and I was thinking how nice it would be to make some display more dimensional by using one (or more) as a base. Either spray paint or just drape with some coordinating/contrasting fabric.

• Lup1352613
    Aug 25, 2015

We use them to prop our monitors to eye level . Helps prevent neck strain.

• Sandra
    Aug 26, 2015

I used one to get my nightstand lamp higher so that I could read in bed. It still left plenty of room under it for the phone, lotion, tissues, etc.