Tiny bathroom storage

+27
Our weird FL bathroom has a nice-sized room with a double vanity and shower. Adjacent is a teeny tiny room with just a toilet. No storage or anything. (as you see in the photo) There are 8-9 inches on either side of the toilet, to the wall. I have a pretty hat box on the floor with a few rolls of Tp but would like something narrow- like a CD stand???- for at least one side of the toilet for feminine stuff, cleaning products, etc. anyone have advice?
q tiny bathroom storage, bathroom ideas, small bathroom ideas, storage ideas
  • Debi53 Debi53 on Jun 14, 2015
    Install wall to wall shelving above the toilet almost to the ceiling. Use pretty baskets to hold all your items. Label each basket with a decorative label. Hang a basket on the wall next to the toilet to hold reading material.

• Vanessa Vanessa on Jun 14, 2015
    Open up the drywall between the studs and finish out a small cabinet similar to a medicine cabinet.

• Helen Cocuzza Helen Cocuzza on Jun 14, 2015
    they sell a small tall narrow cabinet for toilet paper in wood look, white & I think black we got one for my mother in laws tiny bathroom, she loves it , you gotta google, , narrow toilet paper storage, we did- It was last yr so I don't rmbr which site but we did a lot of google til we found the right one, just keep reading the sizes ! Good luck !

• With small rooms you have to take advantage of your wall space. I would install shelves above the toilet for storage. Keeping it all tidy with pretty baskets.

• Linda Linda on Jun 14, 2015
    I have the same configuration. I installed an over-the-toilet cabinet that I got at Walmart. It is similar to this one but brown: http://www.walmart.com/ip/White-Spacesaver-with-Cabinet-and-Drop-Door/12558337

• Polly Zieper Polly Zieper on Jun 15, 2015
      @Linda Thanks for the idea,I've seen wooden and wire shelving stands that you describe, thanks!

• Carole Carole on Jun 15, 2015
    old sewing machine drawers can be re-purposed and wall hung. See photo. You can hang the drawers in multiples and hang them whichever way you want to suit your purpose.

• Beatrice Tangeman Beatrice Tangeman on Jun 15, 2015
    I found metal plant stands in different heights and depths at Ross of all places and use one to hold all hair appliances and another small one to hold bath salts and sponges etc.

• Sherry Fram Sherry Fram on Jun 15, 2015
    Hang some pretty window boxes to use for storage above the toilet or to the side low enough to reach.

• Becky Greenwald Becky Greenwald on Jun 15, 2015
    Baskets or painted light wooden crates mounted on the wall would be decorative and functional. Lots of ideas on Pinterest.

• Carolyn Brack-Jackson Carolyn Brack-Jackson on Jun 15, 2015
    Put a shelf over the doorway, lot of unused space there!

• Cheryl Markus Reynolds Cheryl Markus Reynolds on Jun 15, 2015
    The wall to the right looks good for a small in the wall closet. Just a few shelves to store the items you named. The bulk of which you could keep in the other area in the vanity.

• Peggy Hartsfield Smith Peggy Hartsfield Smith on Jun 15, 2015
    An option I used are glass corner shelves. They don't stand out and you can get a couple of sizes. I got mine at Lowe's or Home Depot

• Judy Judy on Jun 15, 2015
    an old drawer might fit in the space. You can paint it nice, even add a shelf.

• Jeannette Wilson Jeannette Wilson on Jun 15, 2015
    shelves above toilet with hooks for hanging things. With a tiny room you have to work up! Or you could put a plant hook in ceiling and hang tiered baskets down---like the kind fruit hangs in in the kitchen.

• Anne fenske Anne fenske on Jun 15, 2015
    We have the same problem with our trailer and at home. I bought a tp holder. Its the size of tp . It has a rod to put 2-3 rolls and tp roller on it in chrome. It works like a charm. I think I got it at wallmart, Cdn. Ulnder $5. Try Home Depot or equivalent type store. Hardware store. It looks nice and is versatile, but I would go with closed shelves for personal item, like pads, wipes or whatever the needs are for the room. Hope this helps.

• Terry Gardetto Terry Gardetto on Jun 15, 2015
    Love baskets! Find some with lids, oblong and put you private things in. Get 3-4 for ferns and TP and it will livin the place up too.

• Chi1457695 Chi1457695 on Jun 16, 2015
    Try this

• Kathy Kathy on Jun 16, 2015
    Floating shelves over the toilet.

• Amy Anson Amy Anson on Jun 16, 2015
    any type of small wood or wicker type shelf you can find at a thrift store can be painted and mounted on the wall. Adding hooks is great so you can hang things too. I have a very tiny bathroom with a toilet space just like this and that's what I had to do.

• Amy Anson Amy Anson on Jun 16, 2015
    you can also mount baskets to the wall if that's what you can find.

• Shelly Mercer Shelly Mercer on Jun 16, 2015
    In my small bathroom I cut a space between the studs and added shelves. I added trim around the edges and made it look nice. With a few small wicker baskets of various sizes it holds quiet a bit.

• Liliana Wells Liliana Wells on Jun 19, 2015
    There are several projects on HomeTalk for small bathrooms. If you write "small bathrooms", you can see what other people havedone and maybe one will inspire you.

• Joe Noce Joe Noce on Jun 26, 2015
    My bathroom is exactly the same. Im sending photos so you can see how I managed. The little reading stand is actually a storage area where I keep toilet paper, etc. I found it at a furniture place very cheap. I made sure the measurements were right to fit in that space. That left me room for wastebasket and container for magazines, personal items, etc.

• Kim Kim on Apr 15, 2016
    I've got no ideas but can only laugh. I've got 2 of the small Florida bathrooms without any storage.

• Debbie Mosley Debbie Mosley on Apr 15, 2016
    I use a cleaning bowl brush. When paper gone, clean bowl out

• Jennifer Morgan Jennifer Morgan on Apr 15, 2016
    There's a post here or even pintrest that the just make wood shelves from wall to wall. Those closet toilets are only a few feet wide.

• Cpa5288815 Cpa5288815 on Apr 24, 2016
    Try unfinished furniture stores ..I have seen over the toilet storage pieces there ..Caroline Pannes Norwood Ma.

• Susan Oliver Susan Oliver on Apr 27, 2016
    Cut a cabinet out of the wall, finish the inside, frame it, put a door on, finished.