Asked on Jan 29, 2018

Can I use peel and stick over ceramic tile in shower stall?

Kathy Edwards
by Kathy Edwards
+10
  • Ken Ken on Jan 29, 2018
    Peel and stick what? If you have found a product where the manufacturer recommends it for continuous contact with water, have at it.

• Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Jan 29, 2018
    Kathy,
    Recommended Surfaces for Peel and Stick Smart Tiles

Peel and stick Smart Tiles may be installed without any problem on any smooth undamaged surface. So, a non-textured wall or backsplash is perfect for Smart Tiles because the tiles will have an excellent grip.

Here is a partial list of ideal surfaces for Smart Tiles:

painted gypsum (the paint must have been applied at least 21 days before),
    smooth ceramic tiles backsplash,
    smooth glass tiles backsplash,
    wall panel (acrylic),
    wall linoleum,
    mirror,
    wallpaper (if some corners are peeling, just peel them off and install Smart Tiles over them).

• Erin Erin on Jan 29, 2018
    I don’t think it will last when it’s hit with regular showers.

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Jan 29, 2018
    I'm sorry but I wouldn't do it and here's why. Ceramic tile has grout which can at anytime if it gets wet and not totally dry will allow mold to grow,next thing is that it has grooves for grout that may show through vinyl tile,it's one ting to put peel and stick on floors that are vinyl another thing on a ceramic tile.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 29, 2018
    Yes...........Be sure there are no bubbles though.............and well stuck down.

• 16999903 16999903 on Jan 29, 2018
    I would not suggest it either.

• Irene Marchionni Irene Marchionni on Jan 29, 2018
    If there is no way to seal the joints water and humidity will cause mold to grow under the tiles - a certain health hazzard.

• Denise Denise on Oct 03, 2019

I have a plastic shower ,doustill think peel and stick is not a good idea

• Naomi Thompson Naomi Thompson on Feb 04, 2020

Just had it done as a quick face lift since I am not ready to do bathrooms after remodeling rest of house. I found really nice quality glass/marble tiles which I installed right over the ceramic tiles. Once I was done installing it was grouted. Absolutely beautiful quick makeover. I’m going to finish off by laying down a peel and stick tile on floor for a whole new look.

• Betsy Betsy on Jul 24, 2021

Hi Kathy: Yes, yes you can, but it won't stick for very long. What is it you are trying to do? Maybe we can help you with other means of beautifying your shower stall.