How to alter my bed skirt to work with a split-top adjustable bed

+1
I have a beautiful king size comforter set which included a bed skirt. However, I have a Sleep Number split-top, king-size bed which has no box spring or platform under the mattress. The top is split and each side raises up and down independently. The foot also raises up and down but isn’t split. Any suggestions on how to alter my normal bed skirt to work with this bed?

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jan 04, 2018
    I've noticed these beds and thought how bare they look. Maybe you can attach your bed skirt to the frame itself using Velcro or magnets. Make sure your sheets cover the whole mattress. Those sheets seem expensive to me, but you only need one or two sets. When you are not in bed, everything lies flat and looks mostly like a tall bed. You can use any generous bedspread or comforter then, maybe a size larger. I think I would really like to have one of these beds, so I’m sure more bedding choices will be coming along. Best wishes ☺️

• V Smith V Smith on Jan 04, 2018
    If you cut it in to 2 pieces, down the middle, then cutting most of the platform part away could you attach the sides and foot to the mattress pad/covers?

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 04, 2018
    I like the Velcro idea, that is probably the best to hold it on to the bed. That way you could eliminate the fabric that is supposed to go over the box spring and not have to worry about splitting the bed skirt.

• V Smith V Smith on Jan 04, 2018
    PS
    If your bed has side rails that remain stationery you could attach the skirt there.