Need to decorate my extra bedroom,

+4
I would like to have sitting room bedroom for myself. I have a sewing machine table /craft table, the ironing board, extra shoe racks and I use this as the clothes hamper.

• Susan Massey Susan Massey on Jan 04, 2018
    One idea might be to remove the closet doors, insert the sewing machine and put shelves over head, adding a light if there isn't one already. Use door-hanger shoe racks instead of ones that take up floor space. Put the ironing board up and leave it up with the iron on it. Put the craft table in the middle of the room like an island, underneath it put plastic laundry baskets to hold all your craft goodies.

• Jodie Woods Jodie Woods on Jan 04, 2018
    You’ve nearly described my studio. It’s a large extra bedroom with corner windows. Lots of natural light! I positioned my sewing table to receive southern exposure and my paint/craft table is positioned to receive western exposure. My ironing board is standing ready to go near my sewing table along the eastern wall and receives much light. There is some wall space between the end of the west windows and the closest which is on the northern wall. There I placed a chair and side table with a task lamp. I use these for hand stitching, crocheting & etc. Beside them is a large chest of drawers for fabric storage. I put stackable plastic shelves in the closet for storage. Along the northern wall beyond the closet I have a display cabinet. The furniture encircles the room which leaves ample floor space for extra large projects. I know this was a long post but I hope I’ve given you some good ideas. ☺️

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 04, 2018
    Sounds like my spare room. I have a twin bed in there, a large glass top table for crafting and sewing, a large tall bookcase, and there is a row of lower cabinets creating a large console top which has the lamps, clock etc. on it. The bookcase is used for fabrics in use, a few extra lap and bed blankets. I also added an extra streaming TV/DVD in there.

• 27524803 27524803 on Jan 04, 2018
    Sounds just like my spare room... I used "closets" from IKEA for storage (it is very dusty here in Phoenix. AZ) for fabrics and craft supplies and some office supply storage. My sewing and cutting tables fold up out of the way with machine(s) storage inside and I have an iron/ironing board holder on the wall.. all the vacuum/dusting stuff is tucked in the closet with gift wrap storage on the inside of the door. When necessary.. everything folds away and we have room for at least 1 twin hide away bed... but most of the time... it is my sewing room

• 27524803 27524803 on Jan 04, 2018
    PS... my husband is the one who engineered the fold away sewing desk and cutting tables... he did a GREAT job.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jan 04, 2018
    Begin with deciding on a wall color that you love.
    Find some meaningful art that you like. I have been very lucky to have found some of the best original signed art at estate sales, consignment shops and thrift stores.
    Quite often to you can buy a framed piece for the glass, frame and mat and remove the art that doesnt impress you put something new in it as well.
    Framing and moreso custom framing is very expensive.