I want to build bunk beds- any suggestions on a budget?

+1

To donate to a Needy family but I am a senior citizen with limited income. Sure wish I could afford to buy the lumber

• Janice Janice on Jul 16, 2018

Hi Jack, how nice of you! Perhaps you can help the family in other ways such as providing your expertise and assistance in building the bunks or some other items for them. They'll love your support even if you can't afford the lumber.....maybe try going to a Habitat for Humanity store if you have one in your area.

• Emily Emily on Jul 16, 2018

Many many DIYers on this site lack funds, we all do the best we can to tailor our projects to our pocketbooks.

• LadyOtheLake LadyOtheLake on Jul 16, 2018

Find “Sleep in Heavenly Peace” online. It was featured on CNN a little while ago under title like “Man quits high-paying job to make beds”. Good luck, you kind-hearted man!

• Edith Reardon Edith Reardon on Jul 16, 2018

I was just offered some pallets with 8" 2x4's and plywood. Free wood is out there for the asking. Helps if you have a place to store it while you are collecting the pieces you need and a way to pick it up. Freecycle, Craigslist, and other free sites in your area. Kijiji is great in Canada. Lots of Building material on FB too but you have to ask for it. Get on the computer and ask. I use to raid the building sites because they threw so much away in their wood bins.