Looking to make a diy desk- any ideas?

+2
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 18, 2017
    https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=diy%20desk

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Dec 18, 2017
    Place a heavy plank over 2 file cabinets...you now have a desk plus storage!

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Dec 18, 2017
    Consider getting a desk at a thrift store. One can be had for $15-20.00. Less expensive than buying a piece of wood to make one. They also have fancier ones if you so desire. If you don't like the color of it - paint it. Often times in nice neighborhoods - you will find ones from the particle board free at the roadside on trash day!

• Emily Emily on Dec 18, 2017
    You could take a hollow core door and support it either with angle cleats and a support fastened to the wall, or as Fiddledd said, two filing cabinets, but they would be expensive to buy. What purpose will you put your desk to?

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 18, 2017
    We recently bought a mahogany roll-top desk that my husband found on "Let Go". It's beautiful and in great condition. We paid $80 for it. I still can't believe we got it for $80. I recommend you go to LetGo.com and type in desks. You just might be as amazed as I am.