How do I build a wall to enclose my carport?

• Just one wall? Find out first if your municipality allows for this, some do some don't.

• Betsy Betsy on Jan 25, 2019

Hi Cindy: If you're not all that handy, for a TEMPORARY fix, you can get some cinder blocks, the type with 2 holes for stability, stack them 2 or 3 high, put some 4x4's, as tall as your wall is going to be, in one of the holes, place these about 5 feet apart and put a tarp on the 4x4's for walls and maybe a piece or two for the roof. Remember, this is temporary. If you want something permanent, then you will most likely have to pull a permit and your taxes will go up. Good luck.

• Ag Castor Ag Castor on Jan 26, 2019

Consider roll-up metal shutters like those sold for storm protection. They won’t be considered permanent structures so you won’t need a permit, and you can roll them up when you want to do a big clean up or put a picnic table in there for rain-free outdoor dining in the summer.