Can you use cleaning vinegar on carpet stains??

+5

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Sep 13, 2017
    You can use vinegar and baking soda to make a paste that will remove a lot of carpet stains. Just be sure to test a small area first to make sure your carpet is color fast.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Sep 13, 2017
    Absolutely test it first in a corner or under a chair in case it removes the color. I once cleaned the stains in an old carpet and the clean part put the rest of the carpet to shame. And I thought we had been vacuuming thoroughly! Many years ago. 😇

• Babette Babette on Sep 14, 2017
    Try using hydrogen peroxide. It works great on carpet stains.

• Bob Gibson Bob Gibson on Sep 14, 2017
    white vinegar on the stain and sprinkle baking soda over the wet area gently massage it into the stain and leave it for some time. I use my little green machine to suck up any remaining residue. But after letting the vinegar and soda work for about 1 hour I spray it with clear water and vacuum it up. If you leave it too long on the stain it will lighten the carpet more than you might like around that stain.

• Fix It Jen Fix It Jen on Sep 15, 2017
    Wool is super tricky! Always test in a small spot first, often the dye isn't as set as with synthetic rugs.