Comforter is too large for washer - help!!

+4
My front load washer is too small for my king sized comforter. How can I wash it? I have 2 kids and 2 cats and a sweaty man. Please help. Lysol has been my friend but it is not a permanent solution.
  • Denise Edwards Denise Edwards on Sep 25, 2016
    i take mine to the laundrymat and use the big washer. for $4 it's value for money

• Ruth Stueber Ruth Stueber on Sep 25, 2016
    Definitely use the laundromat. Over stuffing your home washing machine can cause it to break or wear out sooner. Also, the over sized load will not get really clean if there isn't enough room in the tub for adequate water.

• Sue Perry Sprague Sue Perry Sprague on Sep 25, 2016
    I agree. The really big washers at the laundromat or dry cleaning.

• Natalie Jeffrey Natalie Jeffrey on Sep 26, 2016
    Thank you!!

• Remember this when you need to replace the washer. I will not buy a washer (or dryer), unless I can get a king size bedspread or comforter in it. I have 3 dogs and only use cotton. Everything must be washable here. Until then, go to the coin laundry and wash there. Try and make it an "event" so as not to be a dreadful "chore" - get a good book or magazine, a snack and drink and think of it as me time!

• See 1 previous
    • I hear you! Sometimes I feel like I do more laundry for them than my stuff. :-). Since I will be in the market for a washer and dryer again soon, I will be sure to pay special attention to tub size.