How do I get an old stain out of a green t-shirt?

+1

This t-shirt is a favorite of mine! I’’ve used a vinegar/castile based homemade stain remover on it with no luck! I do have some of the extra strength vinegar if it is needed. This is a Land’s End t-shirt I bought years ago, but it is still in great shape (except for the stain)! Please help me.

• Dana Dana on Feb 05, 2019

Do you know what the stain can be?? Because, it all depend on that.

But, if you suspect that was fat you can put some flour in top of it, and over that place a piece of clean white sheet of paper . Run a warm iron over the paper, for few times, to give time to fat to be absorbed in the flour layer. Clean the flour to see if the stain is gone. If is still something left repeat the process.

Best of luck and let me know if you succeed !

DD

• Peg18978493 Peg18978493 on Feb 05, 2019

I use his hydrogen peroxide and Dawn dish liquid as a stain remover. I believe it is 1 part Dawn and 2 parts peroxide.

I have removed set in stains with good luck, and have used on all colors without a problem.

Pinterest also has good ideas if you want to stay with natural ingredients.

• Nan W. Nan W. on Feb 05, 2019

Karen: maybe try soaking it in OxiClean overnight

• Jokarva Jokarva on Feb 06, 2019

I rub a dampened bar of Fels Naptha soap on our stains, and then launder as usual. That seems to work pretty well.