Asked on Feb 17, 2019

How do I prevent black jeans from attracting lint?

Judithsaragelt
by Judithsaragelt
+4

I have a black jeans lint problem. One pair of black jeans attracts a fuzzy layer of lint as well as normal dog hair, etc. This denim is for some reason far worse than any other I own, and I can't even wear them out of the dryer! I attempted dryer sheets and a roller afterward, but I hate the fine, white build-up. Any ideas for how to stop jeans from collecting fluff?

• Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on Feb 17, 2019

Try some Static Guard and carry tape with you to get the fuzz off lol!

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Feb 17, 2019

I have had pretty good luck with the bounce dryer sheets, but I agree that black jeans do still tend to attract dog hair more than any others they are like hair magnets. I use the adhesive rollers just before I leave the house. We have four dogs and two cats, so we always have hair everywhere no matter how hard you try to clean it up and keep them brushed. It always seems they like to rub against you just as you are ready to go out of the house.

• Judithsaragelt Judithsaragelt on Feb 17, 2019

I will try the bounce sheets. Some black denim seems to be worse than others. I just wondered if somebody had the miracle secret!

• Sharon Sharon on Feb 17, 2019

Have you tried washing them inside out?

Not yet. But I will!

• Amy Amy on Nov 09, 2019

I’ve had the same problem. In desperation I used a “wet one” (baby wipe) one day and it helped. I’ve always heard using a damp washcloth will help get pet hair off furniture. So the baby wipe would be the same premise. The baby wipe did help gather all the fine lint, which doesn’t really get picked up with the lint rollers.

• Kstippes Kstippes on Dec 08, 2019

MY TIP: If you are away from home and somehow end up with pet-hair-covered black jeans, don’t panic! Let me help you get rid of that embarrassing look. All you have to do is head to the nearest restroom, go to the sink and run your hands under water. Shake them once or twice and then run your hands from top to bottom down the front of your pant legs. The hair will roll up under your hands easily so you can just throw it away. Repeat the process on the sides and back of your jeans and you’re good to go!