How do I wash feather pillows?

+4

How do I wash pillows? Mine are feather down.

• DebM DebM on Apr 07, 2018
    Wash them in the washing machine using the gentle cycle. Don't use a sudsy soap, use like half detergent and half borax or oxy clean. I would run them a second time with just water.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Apr 07, 2018
    Yes, what deb said - that's the way I wash my down comforter. Then I put it in the dryer with NO heat. It fluffs the feathers as it dries and works great.

• Laura Benitez Laura Benitez on Apr 07, 2018
    For the pillows n a dryer you need to put a shoe in as well so while it is drying it fluffs it back up for you. My late mother n law taut me that.

• GrammaLee GrammaLee on Apr 08, 2018
    ... i washed a feather once in my washer.. on gentle as suggested however.. i ended up with a washer full of feathers( took forever to get them all out ... from that point on.. i took the dry cleaners...

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 08, 2018
    Wash them 2 at a time on the gentle cycle. Place them in the dryer with tennis balls to fluff the feathers up. Remove, then shake immediately after the cycle ends.

• CESCA CESCA on May 22, 2018
    SORRY, BUT THAT IS NOT HOW TO WASH PILLOWS,COMFORTERS OR BLANKETS!
    BUY " WOOLITE DRY CLEANER" SHEETS
    PUT THEM IN YOUR DRYER AND THEY COME OUT LIKE NEW, NO LUMPS, NO BUMPS. I HAVE A SMALL DRYER SO I TAKE MINE TO THE LAUNDROMAT. HOPE THIS SOLVES YOUR PROBLEM, GOOD LUCK