I have a quartz countertop that has a rust stain, how do I remove ?

+4

I tried cleaner from the hardware store but it hasn't removed a rust stain on quartz. The quartz is white. Does anyone have advice on how to clean quartz countertops and how to remove rust a rust stain from quartz countertops?

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jan 24, 2018
    Barkeepers Friend is my favorite, but you may as well seal the quartz once it is clean. White quartz will continue to get dirty and stained if it is not completely sealed. ☺️

• BRENDA STILL BRENDA STILL on Jan 24, 2018
    I Googled it. It says to use soft scrub with bleach. Squirt some on your stain with a little bit of water to make a paste, spread it around on your Stain on your countertop and leave it sit for about an hour then just wipe it off with a paper towel

• Ken Ken on Jan 24, 2018
    "cleaner from hardware store" really does not narrow it down much for us. Barkeeper's Friend will do the job for you. They sell it at the hardware store.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 25, 2018
    Barkeepers friend will do the trick!

• Gayla McDonald Gayla McDonald on May 02, 2019

Mix baking soda and lemon juice into a paste. Apply to stain let it sit for 15 or 20 minutes. Wipe clean. Repeat if there is still a shadow of the stain.

• Dor Dor on Sep 01, 2020

Thank you Google, thank you all! Just used Barkeeper's Friend to get out a big rust stain from a brand new matte finish quartz countertop! You are all lifesavers!