Cleaning Enameled Cast Iron

+7

How does one clean enameled cast iron cookware? The bottom of my Dutch Oven is stained, it doesn't seem to affect anything except the cosmetic appearance, but it's driving me crazy!

• Sco19943475 Sco19943475 on Jan 07, 2018
    I too have this issue and no success removing. Looking forward to answers.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 07, 2018
    I bleach mine out, just fill with hot water and add bleach, let sit for a couple hours.

• The10199080 The10199080 on Jan 07, 2018
    Try a Norwex Spirinett and Norwex Cleaning paste. Not only does this work great, it's chemical free.

• Emilious Tarr Emilious Tarr on Jan 07, 2018
      I have used several different scrubbers and scouring pastes, including the ones for polishing glass headlights to no avail.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 07, 2018
    I just live with it. If you are going to have a creamy color inside of pots and pans they are going to stain every time you use them. If it isn't causing a problem with the way it cooks, why change it just to have to do it again every time you use it. Mine is the same, as is the one large frying pan I have, both have stains in the bottom, but I am the only one who sees it, so why worry.

I wish I had it in my to just let it go, (see the Frozen reference I threw in there in honor of the big freeze?), but I can't. If I could only focus my OCD on what I wanted, I'd be a millionaire by now, but alas, it chooses it's own subjects, right now it's are the patterns on the dishes facing the same way, and why can't I get rid of that stain.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 07, 2018
    try Bon Ami or Bar Keepers friend

• Karen Tokarse Karen Tokarse on Jan 07, 2018
    Try Barkeepers Friend. Apply liberally (undiluted) to the stain and leave for around an hour. Then clean with a mild abrasive sponge.

• Lynn Frazel Flaherty Lynn Frazel Flaherty on Jan 07, 2018
    bar keepers friend

I'm glad I am not that bad. I gave up long ago on everything being stain free on my pots and pans. My new set has a grey interior and doesn't show stains at all, now if the bottom just would clean up that easily!