Best ways to clean tile grout?

+5
  • GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 13, 2017
    Hi Susan, a combo of vinegar, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide made into a paste and left to sit on the grout is the most effective treatment I've found without using harsh chemicles

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 13, 2017
    Make a paste of vinegar and baking soda and smear it on the grout lines. Scrub with a small bristle brush, then let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse well.

• Susan Susan on Dec 14, 2017
      OMG thanks for the info. Tried water, vinegar(didn't have regular so I used apple cider vinegar) baking soda and lemon juice. I didn't make a paste. It didn't work so well, it bubbled out of the spray bottle I mixed it in. Will try this version.

• Peg Peg on Dec 13, 2017
    The best way to clean grout is by using an in home steam cleaner. I used most every other cleaning mix prior to buying a steam cleaner. Now that is all I use for most things in my house.

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 13, 2017
    Hi Susan. I use simple green and water. I then scrub the grout lines with a good scrub brush. Wipe up the excess. Then I go over the whole area with a steam mop. It has been the best cleaner I could find for grout lines.

• Kay Kay on Dec 13, 2017
    Hi Susan Bi Card of Soda. Mix a little in to a past on a saucer. Apply with a cloth, or old soft toothbrush. Rub, scrub, the grime, dirt till clean, rince off. If the dirt, grime on the grout is stubborn, you may need to use some more past! @ rubb scrub, @ bit harder. I tend to use an old soft tooth brush when cleaning in between tiles, but thats just me! Hope this has been useful. Kay Adelaide Australia