DIY dryer sheets?

+7
saw somewhere to soak sponges in fabric softener. Do u have a recipe?

• Vid28378667 Vid28378667 on Jan 01, 2018
    type in DIY " forever" dryer sheets

• Mary lou Mary lou on Jan 01, 2018
    Doy forever dryer sheet

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jan 01, 2018
    A sponge soaked in fabric softener would have too much softener for a dryer load, leaving stains and splotches on your clothes, and removing absorbency from towels and some sheets. Dryer sheets are as cheap as a follow a box, and can be used twice, or cut in half for small loads. Black clothes can still get plastic-like stains, so use conservatively. ☺️

• V Smith V Smith on Jan 01, 2018
    It was just sponges cut in half soaking in a lidded container of fabric softener. Squeeze the sponge out and put it in the dryer with laundry. When dry, just put sponge back into fabric softener.

• Mary Beth Bonin Mary Beth Bonin on Jan 01, 2018
    I use an old washcloth... pour a little fabric softener on and rub it in well. Do not get the washcloth soaking wet with softener.
    Use in place of dryer sheets. Or, if you have a bunch if black clothes and the washcloths you have would do the lint dance party in the dryer (basically, spreading it's pill-bally goodness everywhere!! Lol.) try using broadcloth or an old pillowcase that's been cut up into rag or scraps...apply the same technique with the softener as above.
    I also like the bounce bar (mounts to the inside of dryer drum) those bars last a looooong time.

• Judy Judy on Jan 01, 2018
    No I do not have this, tho there are lots of things that can be used from a dryer sheet. You can use these for more than one drying, and also it will shine the floor, and also you can use it to dry a window after you wash it. I keep mine in a dresser drawer, for the scent is lovely. These will last for many months, and very little charge. J.