How can you get rid of stains on the toilet seat lid?

+4
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Aug 14, 2017
    Some bleach and a good scrubbing should do the trick! Good luck!

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Aug 14, 2017
    Peroxide

• Tina Stemper Patrick Tina Stemper Patrick on Aug 14, 2017
    well I have used a lot of cleaners and I will be honest the finish on a toilet lid is very touchey I ended up covering mine and decopaging over it ...and it added some cute touch to my bathroom,

• Amanda Amanda on Aug 14, 2017
    Try a magic eraser and baking soda

• K K on Aug 14, 2017
    Is the lid plastic, wood, or something else? Material of the seat/lid will dictate the cleaner.
    Blood is a protein stain and notoriously hard to remove.
    Hydrogen peroxide is fairly mild and ok for most surfaces. (Protect yourself and other surfaces - it has a bleaching action.) It’s inexpensive and available in drugstores and large grocery stores in the first aid supplies.
    How big are the stains?
    Could you incorporate the stain(s) into a decorative pattern? Decals. Paint. Decoupage? Old-fashioned 1940s toilet lid cover?
    New seat/lid combinations are available in a wide price range and very easy to install. There are two sizes, regular and elongated. Measure the bowl from back to front Before you shop.

• Rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide should do the trick.

• 17454487 17454487 on Aug 14, 2017
    Great options. Will give it a go. Many thanks