How do I clean film from plastic drinking glass

+4
Have tried vinegar but did not do the trick in trying to remove the film from my plastic drinking glass. Any suggestions?
q how do i clean film from plastic drinking glass
  • KimH KimH on Dec 26, 2017
    what kind of 'film'? Greasy? can you add a picture?

• Geo22154074 Geo22154074 on Dec 26, 2017
    what caused the film? You must ascertain what that film is BEFORE doing anything. Everything falls into one of two families - it is either in the PETROLEUM Family or it is in the VEGETABLE Family - I suspect BECAUSE you used vinegar that what you are dealing with is a petroleum film so start with WD-40 and if the film lightens up - then you KNOW you are on the correct side of the equation. These are WATER tumblers so you must be careful. Especially since they themselves are plastic. You didn't say if the film is on the outside or if the tumblers are new -

• Looks like a hard water haze from the minerals?

• Have you tried Bar Keepers Friend, magic Eraser, CLR or Lime Away?

• Rosana Halprine Rosana Halprine on Dec 26, 2017
    Did my photo not show up? It is probably hard water film, not greasy. The plastic is just no longer clear.

Have not tried any of those. Thank you. I will give each one a try until one works.

Did my photo not show up? Anyway it is not grease but probably more like hard water film.