How do you whiten yellowed Tupperware?

+7
  • Just so you know, Tupperware will replace for free, no matter who you purchased it from. Goggle for your local Tupperware dealer.

Or soak in vinegar overnight to see if that helps.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jul 07, 2017
    leave in the sun for a week it helps or bleach in a large bowl

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jul 07, 2017
    Sears Craftsman Tools and Tupperware may have the best lifetime guarantees I've ever used. They actually mean it. If I buy Tupperware at a yard sale or thrift store, however, I don't ask the company for a replacement. I do convert the pieces from food use to craft use. The containers are often semi-opaque, waterproof and bug proof, and easy to label. And if bleach doesn't remove any yellowing, I sometimes paint the Tupperware! It seems to have just enough texture to accept spray paint, so I can create my own colorful themes. Best wishes 😇

• Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Jul 07, 2017
    Try giving it a good scrub with Bar Keeper's Friend. Its a scouring powder commonly available at supermarkets and WalMart/KMart.

• Ginny Ginny on Jul 07, 2017
    Mine brightened up when I used Cascade (or one with bleach in it) in the dishwasher, and the Tupperware is from the 1960s.

• Gwen Green Gwen Green on Jul 08, 2017
    Thanks everyone for your ideas.

• Amber Deering-McFaul Amber Deering-McFaul on Nov 26, 2019

thanks for all the ideas - wish me luck LOL