How to get white residue off of my silverplate?

+2
  • Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Feb 04, 2019

Is it in the ornate areas? Toothbrush and hot water.

• William William on Feb 04, 2019

I sell a lot of silver on Ebay. Jewelry, silverware, serving sets. Silver polish like Wrights and dips like TarnX tend to remove some of the metal. The foil method doesn't work that great and still leaves a grey film that still needs to be removed. I use white toothpaste (not gel) and a damp toothbrush. For large items I use a damp cloth. Also works on copper, brass, gold, porcelain, ceramics, sneakers, plastics, etc. For my sales I needed one product for cleaning everything.

• Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Feb 06, 2019

I wrote an article about cleaning silver - maybe one of these will work for you - https://chascrazycreations.com/silver-cleaning-hacks/

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Feb 09, 2019

Just polish it again it will come off

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Feb 11, 2019

I use plain white old fashioned toothpaste and a cloth with an old toothbrush for the more intricate areas. It rinses easily and just buff dry with a soft cloth or towel. You want the toothpaste that has nothing added, like gel, peroxide, etc.