I cannot get the white shower pan clean

+9
I have been trying to clean it for months. Purchased or home made products don't work. I'm thinking my last option is to paint it???

• Bijous Bijous on Jan 02, 2018
    The pan has been etched and you may actually be down to the base product. Using an epoxy paint is the only solution for an area continually exposed to water. Sold at marine stores for fiberglas boats. Good luck.

• Lane Lane on Jan 02, 2018
      Thank you for your reply. That's what I was thinking..... Lowe's actually has the paint as well as an additive so the surface won't be slippery. I thought I'd ask here before I considered that.

• Donna McCracken Donna McCracken on Jan 02, 2018
    Have you tried toilet bowl cleaner? I had well water that left a horrible rust color on my tub and shower and I was able to get it all off.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 02, 2018
    I don't think paint will last very long. If replacement is not an option, then a shower mat would be my choice as it can be changed if it gets too mucky.

• Dawn Palmer Dawn Palmer on Jan 02, 2018
    Don't paint it because it will eventually peel. Try mixing up a paste of white vinegar and bleach and smearing it all over the shower pan. Leave on overnight then scrub off the next day. May need to do this a couple of times.

• Lane Lane on Jan 02, 2018
      Thank you for your reply. I had tried this before. Wish it had worked.

• Wanda Extrom Wanda Extrom on Jan 02, 2018
    Scrub with an fashioned wood scrub brush and foaming bleach. I recently used an old scrub brush on my shower floor and could not believe the results! Takes a lot of elbow grease but worth it.

• Lane Lane on Jan 02, 2018
      I tried to no avail. Glad it worked for you though.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 03, 2018
    My pleasure........Happy New Year......

• Rev6629781 Rev6629781 on Jan 13, 2018
    Have you tried the scouring cleanser BarKeepers Friend? I don't think painting it would work. Once you have it as clean as possible why not try Flex Seal liquid rubber? Good Luck!