Vinegar cleaning my toilet?

+2
Will pouring vinegar in the back of my toilet tank to clean it hurt the styrofoam liner that is in the tank.

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jan 01, 2018
    It should not - vinegar is a natural cleaner.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 01, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/diy/clean/bathroom/toilets-why-clean-the-tank-1836913

• Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Jan 01, 2018
    Don’t know how old your toilet is, but my new toilets came with warnings not to use any chemicals of any kind in the tank or could damage seals or other components and void warranty. So Be careful

• DW DW on Jan 01, 2018
    no, because you’re gonna just let it set for 20-30 min the flush the toilet 3-4 times to get it out. letting it set several hours would be hard on the metal components in the tank, but styrofoam is impervious to vinegar. take a small sample from a packing box and soak in vinegar for as long as you want....see for yoursel.

• B. Enne B. Enne on Jan 01, 2018
    I know from experience, that bleach even for a short time will wreck the black rubber. It ruined everything to the point that we ended up just putting in a new energy-saving toilet. The plumber told us to keep bleach and bleach tablets away from the toilet at all times.
    Here's what I found about vinegar, but always check the instructions that came with your toilet model first.