What is the best way to clean carpet when a cat has vomited?

+4
  • Dfm Dfm on Jan 05, 2018
    let the vomit dry. dont try to clean it up when its a wet mess... you just push it more into the carpet. turn a basket upside down over it and wait for it to dry. when its dry take a fork and crumble it up. then vacuum. the vomit stays on top and not down to the pad. my Freddy is allergic to some cat food ingredients. it took a while to get him the type of food he could digest. most cats vomit hair balls.

• Dfm Dfm on Jan 05, 2018
    ps if it stains use a carpet cleaning solution and rinse well.

• Lorraine waterworth Lorraine waterworth on Jan 05, 2018
    Dab with white vinegar. It also lessens smells

• 27524803 27524803 on Jan 05, 2018
    I have done that with cat and dog vomit... and when they have had diarrhea
    as well..... put a thick-ish layer of paper towels on top... and let it sit... the paper towels pull the moisture up and most cases the "stuff" sticks to the paper towels... then you just peel it off the carpet. Then you can treat it for the stain.... shampoo it.. etc. (found this out by accident when I was leaving for an appointment and could not take the time to treat it right then... just covered it with the paper towels and left)

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 05, 2018
    Wipe op excess and then steam clean.

• Ken Ken on Jan 05, 2018
    I actually have a very nice oriental rug that I was given because of a similar encounter with a dog. The suggestions of the other contributors should certainly be tried because you want to get the carpet clean. If those don't work you may have to live with the stain but it will be lighter. I'm the only one who notices the stain on the corner of my dining room rug.