What is the best way to clean tea stains in mugs ?

+9
Do not want to use abrasive materials to clean.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 09, 2017
    I just bleach mine out once in awhile with hot water and bleach, let sit till clean.

• Ann Ann on Dec 09, 2017
    As A tea-oholic, I get the discolor out of my ceramic mugs easily if they’ve been rinsed well shortly after using. I can usually wipe it off with my finger or use a non-abrasive sponge. If mugs are metal, use baking soda,

• Pjo26908388 Pjo26908388 on Dec 09, 2017
    Denture tablets

• Alice Alice on Dec 09, 2017
    Baking soda and a blue scrubby sponge works well.

• Bur12401002 Bur12401002 on Dec 09, 2017
    spray with Clorox, wait a few minutes then rinse and wash with normal dish detergent

• Gloria Gloria on Dec 09, 2017
    I usually fill the mugs / cups three quarters full of water then add a little Household Bleach (Sodium Hypochlorite) leave them overnight and then wash them with dish wash in the morning. P.S. I pour the Bleach water from the mugs into a fairly large container and soak the stainless steel knives, forks and spoon etc. it brightens them, in fact it's a good cleaner for any stainless steel.

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 09, 2017
    Try soaking the mug with a bleach and water mixture inside. Leave it overnight, then wash as usual.

• ABR12234501 ABR12234501 on Dec 09, 2017
    Has anyone every tried to make a door wreath from a recycle-able toilet seat?? The basic is already there. A thought that popped into my head.

• I am not a bleach fan. I use white vinegar and let sit in the sun for a bit. Same for coffee stains.

• denture cleaning tablets have worked for me.

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Dec 09, 2017
    Along with bleach, I have also used a magic eraser.

• Tina worley Tina worley on Dec 10, 2017
    Dish soap in warm water. Put baking soda in bottom of mug, add same amount of vinegar in mug , let set 2 or 3 minutes and place in warm soapy water.