Why are my stainless steel pans surfaces cloudy looking no matter what

Connie
by Connie
+3

Does anyone have tips for cleaning stainless steel pans and pots? They have an ashy cooking surface.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 11, 2018
    what re you cleaning them with?

• Beo28793837 Beo28793837 on Feb 11, 2018
    Do you wash them in the dishwashe? If you do, start washing by hand. First use sos pad and scrub the entire pan. Mine are very shiny now because I use a stainless steel soap pad every time I wash them. Also if you use a spray to make your food not stick, it puts a coating on your pan that builds up and is hard to get off.

• Steve Forster Steve Forster on Feb 11, 2018
    Try using Cameo or Barkeepers Friend, both of which are relatively mild abrasives. Make sure to clean afterwards with dish detergent to get rid of powder residue. They will be clean but will not have a mirror finish which is unrealisti.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Feb 11, 2018
    Have you been putting them in the dishwasher? Have you considered it might be the dishwasher if you wash them that way? This is just a thought. We added Lemishine to our dishwashing to prevent the cloudy look on our pots.

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Feb 11, 2018
    Definitely use Bar Keepers Friends -such great stuff!

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Feb 11, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/diy/clean/appliances/how-to-clean-stainless-steel-7853435