Cleaning Your Grill
I put some grill cleaning hacks to the test to see which one would work the best. Here are the results! You can see more of my crazy creations here
Our grill sits outside and is exposed to all of the elements, as many grills do. We also use our grill heavily in the summer months to avoid cooking in the house when it's so hot.
Today we're putting these 3 cleaning methods to the test!
- Dawn Dish Soap
In addition to that, you'll need some garbage bags to soak your grates and flavor bricks in.
I have 2 grates and placed each one in a garbage bag, and in the 3rd bag, I placed the metal flavor bricks that sit under the grates.
Here's what I put in each bag to test which one would work best...
- Dawn Dish Soap - I covered the grate with water, and then placed 1/2 cup of Dawn in the bag.
- Ammonia & Vinegar Combo - I placed 3 cups of Ammonia & 3 cups of Vinegar in the bag with a grate.
- Vinegar - I placed the flavor bars in a bag and poured in vinegar to cover the flavor bars.
I let these bags soak overnight.
While the bags were soaking I sprayed the inside with vinegar, let that soak for a few minutes, and used my grill scraper to remove as much loose debris, and grease as possible. I then hosed out the inside of the grill.
Next, I washed the outside and rinsed it off.
The next day I removed each item from the bag.
I used my grill brush to see which one removed the most grease and burned on items.
Here is the order of the results...
- Dawn Dish Soap - easy removal and cleaning the best
- Vinegar - a close second, easy removal of debris
- Ammonia - was just "okay" and didn't move as much as I had hoped.
I washed off the grates and put them back on the grill.
Want to see more of my cleaning tips and hacks on a budget?
I would love to have you stop by my blog Chas' Crazy Creations for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...
I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations