Does anyone know of a way to neutralize the oder of dog urine on sand

+6
We live in a town house and the dog urine smell on my Mom’s wheelchair ramp ( ashphalt material) is horrible, as it is in our ver small sandy yard area

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 12, 2018
    baking soda

• Christina Christina on Dec 02, 2019

Sorry for chiming in a bit late to the discussion, but I really feel like I need to add my 2 cents.

I know how frustrating it must be for you if you have a dog that just won’t learn how to potty outside. You’ve probably tried all sorts of training techniques that you found online or in a book at the library and nothing worked. At least, that’s what happened to me...

Me and my hubby were able to find a solution and I’ll always be thankful that we did, because since then we have had no problem teaching my foster dogs where to potty – and I can do it within a couple of days.

I now recommend it to everyone because it works so freakin' well and we save SOO much money!

Don't waste time sister! The more times your dog goes to the bathroom inside your home the harder it will be to break him of this habit.

Take action now and permanently stop your dog from using the bathroom inside before it's too late!

Here's the guide we used that shows you how to completely potty train any dog or puppy quickly and easily in 7 days or less...

No I have not been paid for this post nor do I make any commissions off of it. I really just want to help you guys out. I hope you don't mind.

I'm based in Sweden, by the way, so you should be able to get it too.

Good luck with the odor and the stains! It really lowers your quality of life, doesn't it?

• Water it down as soon as possible with the hose. I would also try white vinegar, mix up 50 / 50 with water, and rake it in the area.

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Apr 12, 2018
    Hello. To get the smell out of concrete or asphalt, it is a process. Most everyone knows that asphalt and concrete are very porous and absorb liquids and odors as well. Click on the link below to read about the process for eliminating the urine smell from concrete.

As far as eliminating the odor from sand, sprinkle baking soda or lime over the entire area. Spray with water so that it soaks into the sand. Allow to dry overnight. Good luck!

• Sharon Sharon on Apr 12, 2018
    You can use a pet enzyme cleaner, you could add it to a hose attachment bottle (like an old windex hose attachment bottle) and spray it down. I use Jackson Galaxy tablets that you mix with warm water, making it fresh makes it much more active than the stuff you buy in the store which is mostly water.... https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Jackson+Gallaxy+pet+and+stain+remover
    But if its that foul, I would suggest you take the dog to the vet, its not normal.
    I would also train the dog to use one area to relieve him/herself, doggy potty, keep a lined bucket and pooper scooper to clean up. Walk dog on leash there to relieve themselves until trained. You can keep an extra bucket of sand to refresh the area.

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 12, 2018
    I wouldn't use lime, it can be caustic to the pads of the feet. Use baking soda around the entire area and beyond, water it in and let it sit over night. Or, but an enzyme eater. I use OdorMute, it's really good and not that expensive. It's not really hard to train a dog to do his business in a specific area, I dog sit and have trained the dogs to go in one area of the yard. Of course, the neighbours were a little curious when I kept saying really loud "Good for you, you peed! or pooped" and always a treat when they were finished. Dogs are treat and praise driven:)

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Apr 13, 2018
    Baking soda absorbs odors very well.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Apr 13, 2018
    Use a commercial enzyme remover. I use Nature's Miracle. You may have to remove the sand if the urine has sunk in there. Then I'd get a commercial spray to spray on the ramp and surrounding areas to keep the dogs away.