How do you keep the millions of tiny spiders webs off porch ceiling.

+2
  • Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Sep 12, 2017
    That's a question I'd also like answered! What I've done lately is swipe the ceiling almost every day with a broom and spray Black Flag on the floor of the porch. This really has helped!

• KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Sep 12, 2017
    Good Afternoon Khamady44, Spiders absolutely HATE mint. Below is a video that tells you exactly how to REPEL them:
    I know it talks about keeping spiders out of the house but mint will work on the porch ceiling too ;)
    Here is another weblink that I think you will find handy, too :) Good Luck and thanks for using HOMETALK for answers :)

• Amanda Amanda on Sep 12, 2017
    Try spraying peppermint oil or vinegar water on the porch. They both repel spiders.

• Suellen Hintz Suellen Hintz on Sep 12, 2017
    spray an insecticide. Later sweep the webs down. As webs reform, repeat. We generally do this once a year.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Sep 13, 2017
    To eliminate spiders do such things: Keep your porch lights off. Porches attract bugs and moths that like to fly into the light.
    Get rid of crevices and nooks.
    Repell outdoor spiders with eucalyptus sprigs. Strong smelling species sprinkled around the perimeter will chase them away.
    Make a spider repellent. Regular table salt, water and spray bottle are all those things you need to make this natural repellent. Dissolve the salt in water and spray the bushes, flowers and any needed part outside the house with this salt solution. The process should be repeated weekly to prevent spiders from coming. Use lavender, citronella, cinnamon, citrus, peppermint or tea tree oil. Only one drop of any of these useful herbs mixed with water will be effective for killing spiders.