Hot to remove mold?

+6
Answered

i live in a rented home with a very small income and would like to know if there is a safe and helathy way to remove mold naturally without all the harmful chemicals that is safe foe children and animals?

  8 answers
  • Cyn Cyn on Sep 05, 2018

    Clorox

  • Sally Wiese Sally Wiese on Sep 05, 2018

    VINEGAR

  • Deana Thaxton Samms Deana Thaxton Samms on Sep 05, 2018

    The best way to remove mold is with a solution of 9 parts water and 1 part bleach. The chlorine evaporates quickly, leaving no harmful chemicals. This solution is not stable, so you need to make a fresh batch each time you use it.

  • Em Em on Sep 05, 2018

    Vinegar and a tooth brush. If you are in an enclose area like a small bathroom, wear a mask. Let the vinegar do it's work before you wipe it off, give it a few minutes.

  • Winnie Winnie on Sep 05, 2018

    Rental? Call your rental agent. (The person you rent from) trust me, they’ll wanna know. Treatment, totally depends on the type of mold. Mold, comes from moisture. Places if inside the home that shouldn’t get wet. If the mold is harmless and something you’ve caused during normal living, then your rental agent will suggest the similar applications others posted. But it could be a bad rain gutter or a leaking water line behind a wall or even condensation line from air conditioning that’s backed up which none of these are your fault. Please get this looked at. If you don’t want anyone coming in then take pictures of the mold and show your landlord, your family. Get someone to look and research the type before you do anything as Mold can be deadly especially if you have children and pets. It’s not the cleaner to remove it that you should be worried about. Take pictures up close and further back. Get someone to research it! Do this Today!

  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 25, 2020

    Hello Jeanne-Renee,

    Ventilate the place and or use a dehumidifier.

  • Deb K Deb K on Sep 12, 2021

    Hi Jeanne, hope this helps, A bleach solution also works to kill mold. Mix one cup of bleach in a gallon of water, apply to the surface and don't rinse. Mix a 50/50 solution of ammonia and water. Spray on the surface, wait two to three hours, then rinse.