How can I remove hard water spots off outside windows? Sprinkler caus

+1
  • Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Jul 06, 2018

Prepare a mixture of half water and half vinegar.

Soak a towel in the solution.

Press the towel onto the rough spots on the window. Let it sit there for a minute or two. The acidity in the vinegar will soften the mineral deposits making it easier to wipe off. You can also try draping the towel over the window, if it will remain hanging and not fall down.

Wipe and press the towel on the window until the spots disappear. You may have to repeat the process several times until all the spots are gone.

Dry the window with a rag. You may want to shine the window with a window spray.

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Jul 06, 2018
    After following Pam's excellent directions, you can use Rainx to prevent further buildup.

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Jul 06, 2018
    IF the minerals in the water have actually etched the glass, they won't come off --

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jul 06, 2018
    I would wash the outside windows with a good brand of windex and then use the rain protection they make for wind shields on cars on the windows affected by the sprinklers. E.p I hope this helps.