How do I get dried spots off my window pane?

+3

after washing my exterior side windows, I noticed that some of the panes have dried spots on them.i tried washing them again but the spots are still there. can this be fixed?

• John Palmer John Palmer on Jan 31, 2019

Try some Bar Keepers Friend.

• Mona Blake Mona Blake on Jan 31, 2019

Spots are caused by hard water. I use a shammy on my windows to prevent this. Use pure vinegar on the spots.

• DD DD on Jan 31, 2019

Hi Stacy I have hard water and fight this problem I use the vinegar and water and newspaper but here is an article that may also help https://glassdoctor.com/blog/how-to-remove-water-spots-from-window

• Linda Linda on Feb 03, 2019

If it is water spots you may need to squeegee the water off after you wash them. Or you can use a wiindow washing detergent that should keep your windows from forming water spots.

• Karen Karen on Feb 03, 2019

Found a new formula to clean glass. One cup alcohol, one cup water and one tablespoon white vinegar. For a long time I used white vinegar and water mixed equally in a spray bottle. Going to try this new formula this week.

• Betsy Betsy on Feb 27, 2019

Hi Stacy: Try WD40. That should do it. Spray a cloth and hold it on the spot a couple of seconds then rub the spots off. Good luck