How two clean window blinds?

+11
  • Sharon Sharon on Aug 08, 2021

When I'm doing clients metal/plastic blinds, I hammer a few nails outside either over the garage door or the deck to support the top of the blind, then I open it fully, hose it down, and I use a old Windex window cleaning solution bottle that has a tool on top for just water or the cleaning solution dial, and fill it will Dollar Tree Awesome Orange in the half gallon, and spray the solution on, and use a soft car brush to clean one side. Rinse.

Then close the blind up using the cord, and turn it around, let the blind down again and repeat the cleaning. Rinse.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Aug 08, 2021

Do you have a question for us?

• The best way is to remove them and put them in the bathtub. Here's a link:

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/how-to-clean-blinds

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Aug 08, 2021

You can take them down s as he disk in the tin or pick up a microfiber cleaning tool for under $10.

• Deb K Deb K on Aug 08, 2021

Hello, I love cleaning my blinds in the summer, I put them in the closed position then remove them make sure the louvers are downward. Take them outside lay them of the patio grass or table, pre treat with a cleaner of your choice, I use Spray nine, let it sit on the blinds for about 3-5 minutes then spray gently off with the garden hose until the water runs clear, lay them to dry outside and rehang, they dry fast in the sun!

• Mogie Mogie on Aug 08, 2021

Take them down, put into the bathtub. Add water and denture tablets. They will clean themselves.

• Em Em on Aug 08, 2021

Use a soft bath brush and put them in the tub or take out to the yard. Use dish soap and gently swab both sides and rinse in shower or with garden hose. I have done it myself but is easier with two people. One to hold the blind up so it is easier to get both sides or lay flat in the grass. Drape over a table in the yard to dry or end in the shower until water drains then hang and gently dry with soft bath towel.

• Betsy Betsy on Aug 08, 2021

Hi B: I use warm water and some Dawn in a bucket and, if the blinds are greasy, I put in about 1/4 cup of vinegar too, and have a bucket of clean warm water along side. I put an old, thick, sock on my hand, put it in the soapy water, squeeze it out and do the top and bottom slat at the same time. Once they are all done, I get another old, thick sock and wipe them again with the clean water. You don't take the blinds down, leave them up and clean them where they are:) Easy as anything easy you can think of:) You can push your finger through the string part to get that clean. It only takes a flash, and you can look outside at the same time and watch the birds, hum some songs, or invent things with your time:)

Good luck

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Aug 09, 2021

Hello,

Use a wet wipe!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Aug 09, 2021

Hello here’s a link with some information hope this helps

https://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/cleaning/how-to-clean-blinds

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Aug 09, 2021

I wash them in the tub and clean each blind once for a good clean then during the year vacuumed once a month and dust with a duster

• Dee Dee on Aug 09, 2021

I use suction cups in my shower and attach a clothes line made of string. Hang the blinds I spray with $ store shampoo, let it sit a few minutes then take my hand held shower and rinse off. let dry in the tub or shower and rehang