How to incubate chicken eggs, without an incubator?

+5
I have some beautiful breeds of hens, no one seems to want to go broody this spring? Can I incubate eggs, without a expensive store bought incubator?
  • Valerie Dagley Valerie Dagley on May 22, 2017
    Yes,the temp. Must be consistent and also the humidity,I used a Styrofoam cooler,light bulb,a cake rack over the water in the bottom to put the eggs on.Google for the temp.and humidity levels.Eggs must be turned daily.A room that has a constant temperature is the easiest,basement works well here.Hope this helps.Banty hens will sit better than regular hens.

• Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on May 23, 2017
    Try this link for now. When those hens get in the mood there will be no stopping them. NOTE: If you are raising them cage free they may sneak off with their nest and return home later. We raised Bantam, Game, RI Reds, and had 1 dominecker(not sure spelling) but she was a pretty medium size bird. She showed up one day in the yard with 15 babies.
    Good luck and enjoy.

• Inetia Inetia on May 23, 2017
    How do you find out if the eggs are fertile?

• Reiner MacPhail Reiner MacPhail on May 23, 2017
    All my hens, have been with my rooste. After 8 days in my incubator, I will candle them and see if there is any development.

• Reiner MacPhail Reiner MacPhail on May 24, 2017
    They have lots of space to explor...

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jul 07, 2017
    Heating pad plastic box with some

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jul 07, 2017
    Heating pad plastic box with some holes

• 1401470 1401470 on Aug 20, 2017
    Broody hens will do it for you. Leave eggs in a nest for a week eventually someone will take interest. If you keep removing the eggs though it will never happen.