Is there a safe way to discourage my little dogs from wetting carpet?

+6
I have 2 older pugs and they have health issues due to age. I put area rugs down for them to have a comfy place to lay, but they have wet on both the rugs and I’m cleaning the arrest every week. Help? I don’t want chemicals that might hurt the pups or rugs. Help?

• Diana Brewer Diana Brewer on Nov 23, 2017
    Have you tried the puppy pads to see if they will go there instead of the rugs? Then all you have to do is toss it in the trash.

• Dfm Dfm on Nov 23, 2017
    there are also doggy briefs...what can I say....my cousins down sized fro showing horses to showing dogs to showing ducks.....

• Lynda Miller Lynda Miller on Nov 23, 2017
    Go to Chewy.com for THE best prices on puppy pads. On auto deliver and they come to the door. Also confine them to small area when you leave the house. That's when my senior dog is the most likely to do his business in the house. Buddy bands for peeling boys. chewy has great prices on all that stuff. Good luck!

• Lin25876905 Lin25876905 on Nov 23, 2017
    If it is age/liver related there is a very effective remedy from your vets.

• Bonnie Tyner Bonnie Tyner on Nov 23, 2017
    We use dog diapers for my dad’s dog who enjoys lifting his leg everywhere. We use feminine liners inside diaper and throw away if he has accident

• 2dogal 2dogal on Nov 23, 2017
    If this is a bladder issue, they probably know they shouldn't be wetting in the house, so take them outside to pee every hour. In the meantime, get Nature's Miracle, made for dogs, that has an enzyme in it to get rid of the smell so they stop peeing there. This is made for dogs, so won't hurt them.

• Rhonda Rhonda on Nov 23, 2017
    they may have bladder stones if they can't hold it. you can try diapers and taking them out often! We had a blind dog and as long as we were diligent to take him out (he sat in a chair and couldn't get down so we had to carry him outside). If we were diligent he didn't have and accidents. If we forgot he'd pee in my chair!!

• Mogie Mogie on Nov 23, 2017
    Wee wee pads.

• Mamamia Mamamia on Nov 24, 2017
    if your dogs are incontinent, try Phenylpropanolamine from your vet only